Business people travel a lot and many times they happened to miss the airplane or to wait for a long exhausting time. So if it happens to have a flight itinerary that involves long waiting, you should know which are the best airports for relaxing and even have a good comfortable sleep.
Most of the best airports where you can sleep, are located in Asia where are 5 of them, according to The Guide to Sleeping in Airports.
Singapore’s Changi Airport, is the winner in the last 18th year.
Travelers have been asked to rate airports based on their services like: comfort, cleanliness, customer services and convenience.
After the survey has been analysed Changi Airport seems to be more than a transit hub, it has a reputation of a destination which includes spas, rooftop swimming pool, themed gardens, movie theater, spa and four-story slide. It would be like a vacation in an airport.
Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore: currently the world’s best Airport, it is the primary civilian airport for Singapore having the largest transportation hubs in Southeast Asia. It is of course one of the busiest airports by international passenger traffic an cargo traffic.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel – Terminal 1 – Transit Mall East, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel – Terminal 2 – Transit Mall South, Level 3.
- Ambassador Transit Hotel – Terminal 3 – Transit Mall North, Mezzanine, Level 3.
- The Ambassador Transit Hotel offers day rooms in 6-hour blocks. To access the transit hotels, DO NOT PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS. Check-in baggage cannot be collected for stay.
- Crowne Plaza – Located next to Terminal 3 near the SkyTrain waiting area. Access from Terminal 3 via covered walkway and link bridge, or Terminal 1 via SkyTrain. Day use rooms are available from 11am to 7pm.
- Airport Transit Hotel – Opening in September 2015. Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 3.
Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea (ICN): this airport includes golf course, spa, private sleeping rooms, ice skating rink, casino, indoor gardens and even a Museum of Korean culture.
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel – Located airside on 4th floor of the International Terminal’s east and west wings.
- Hotel Hu Incheon Airport – (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily 5:30am to 12:30am, about every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grand Hyatt Incheon – (3 min from the airport) Located beside the airport terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 5am to 11pm, running about every 15 minutes.
- Best Western Premier – (3 min from the airport) 700m from the terminal. Free scheduled roundtrip airport shuttle service available daily from 6am to 11pm. Pick-up and drop-off is at Arrivals 14C (1st floor, opposite the road). Day rooms available from 11am to 5pm for 6-hour blocks.
Helsinki International Airport, Finland (HEL): This is the main international airport of the Helsinki metropolitan region and the whole of Finland. It has 16 million passengers annually.
- Hotel GLO Helsinki Airport – Located inside the Schengen area of Terminal 2, on the ground floor under the Arrivals Hall 2B.
- Hilton Helsinki-Vantaa Airport – (3 min walk from the airport) Connected to the main terminal by a covered walkway. Day rooms are available 9am-7pm.
- GoSleep Pods – Sleeping chair/pod equipped with a cover to block light/noise and storage under the seat to secure personal items. Pods can be used for 15 minutes or longer. Blankets and pillows are also available. Location: Airside, Gates 31 and 37.
Munich International Airport, Germany (MUC):International airport of Munich. The second busiest airport found in Germany and the seventh busiest airport in Europe, having 39.7 million passenger in 2014.
- Nap Cabs – Self-service sleep pods with full bed, small desk, A/C, privacy blinds, internet access, and more. Two locations: Terminal 2/Level 4/Gate 6 and Terminal 2/Level 5/Gate H32.
- Hilton Munich Airport – Located at the airport, between Terminals 1 and 2, it’s just a short walk from baggage claim to the hotel.
- Novotel Munich Airport – 5 min from the airport The hotel does not have a shuttle, but guests can take Bus 635 from the airport, which runs every 20 minutes and stops at the hotel
- NH München Airport – 5 min from the airport
Vancouver International Airport, Canada (YVR): Second busiest airport in Canada.
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport – 10 min walk from Domestic Terminal or 5 min walk from within International Terminal. Located inside the International Terminal, above the USA departures desk. They offer drop-in access to the Health Club.
- Pacific Gateway Hotel Vancouver Airport – 5 min from the airport. A new hotel open near the airport. No reservation required.
- Days Inn Vancouver Airport – 8 min from the airport.
Rest of the list:
6.Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia (KUL)
7. Hong Kong International Airport in Hong Kong (HKG)
8. Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Japan (HND)
9. Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, Netherlands (AMS)
10. Zurich International Airport, Switzerland (ZRH)