Fashion is the way we express ourselves, it’s an important part of our creativity and personality. Through fashion we let others see who we are and what we can do. And to do this correctly there are some things you need to know and take into consideration. Many books have been written throughout the years about style and glamour but we made a list with 10 essential fashion books that you need to have. These books are very inspiring and filled with practical information that you can use to make yourself a true fashionista.
- Chanel: Fashion/ Fine Jewellery/ Perfume (Set of 3 Books). Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel is one of the most important designers in the history, she revolutionized fashion and the way we look at elegance and luxury. This book is a reminder of that.
- Vanity Fair 100 Years: From the Jazz Age to Our Age. “The book is a stunning artifact that begets staring, less for the words and publishing industry than as an exercise in visual storytelling reflected through the prism of society and celebrity. The best photographers, the best designers, the best illustrators all came together over Vanity Fair’s contents, and the book unfolds in page after page of stunningly rendered images, some iconic and some that never even ran.” —New York Times Book Review
- Advanced Style. This is one of my personal favorite. It’s concept by Ari Seth Cohen that started as a blog and now it’s also a book and a documentary. A collection of incredibly stylish seniors that show you that it’s never too late and you are never to old for glamour.
- Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion. A book by Alan Flusser that every man needs to have.
- Louis Vuitton: The Birth of Modern Luxury Updated Edition. The brand’s history shows the passion for fine design and high fashion. A must have for all Lois Vuitton admirers.
- Christian Louboutin. If you love shoes, you need this book in your library. It has photographs of his amazing designs, interviews and even some interesting pop-ups.
- Chanel: The Vocabulary of Style by Jérôme Gautier, shows the key elements of Chanel, the essentials of style and elegance.
- Tom Ford. The man who turned Gucci into one of the most famous brands in the world. This book is a collection of photographs, interviews and history that show a sexy and stylish style.
- Cartier Panthere by
- The Parisian Gentleman. ”A luxurious celebration of the elegant craftsmanship behind the timeless French men’s fashion and lifestyle labels”. Another must have for the stylish gentleman.
1 of 10